After a week of gleaning Katrina-related news from many sources, it’s been good to read the reflections of those in the circle of bloggers I follow:
- Fred on The Benefits of Disaster
- Beth from The Cassandra Pages on taking our interconnectedness seriously
- Pica’s practical musings in "What I Can Do"
- Jarrett insights on the "death" of cities: Is New Orleans Dead?
- Maria’s criticism of one liberal response to the events in New Orleans: Blinders
It’s nice to see people writing from their guts, trying to getting perspective, engaging in healthy self-criticism, and bringing their own vantage points to bear on these important issues. This is the quotidian work of blogging, whether it’s responding to disasters or observing the blooming flowers in the backyard.